The power of social media continues to make a huge impact on the business world. If you implement the right Facebook marketing strategy, you set your business up for huge potential growth. It is completely possible to build your Facebook following without spending any money on paid ads. But, you need to create the right strategy, develop creative content, and optimize your page.
Paid likes are not the only way to grow, and can actually lead your Facebook marketing strategy to fail. If you want to create an effective Facebook page, create engaging posts, and kick off your social media campaign the right way, these tips will help. Create a growing Facebook presence and maintain your audience with these proven strategies for effective social media marketing.
Why Facebook Marketing?
Facebook is a major asset for your business. Here’s why! According to statistics:
- Over 2.27 billion people were active on Facebook each month from a 2018 3rd quarter report. With all these people sharing the most important parts of their lives, Facebook is a breeding ground for potential customers. Businesses can easily turn to the popular social media channel to engage in a conversation with a broader audience.
- The average Facebook user has around 200 friends. With billions of users, the social platform carries marketing potential that can enhance your business. As we continue to see a rise in the effect of consumer reviews on new customers, Facebook marketing can grow your customer base more than any other traditional marketing tactic.
- With over 50 million businesses using Facebook Pages, the social media platform gives away loads of valuable marketing information to business professionals. Facebook Insights, for example, offer demographic breakdowns, viewer engagements, special interests, and more. You can even dig deeper into your audience and create a detailed buyer persona.
How to Create the Right Facebook Marketing Strategy
Thanks to the creation of Facebook business, you can create a Facebook page that puts your brand in front of billions of potential customers. The question is, how do you make sure you market your brand the right way?
Analyze Your Brand
Before you do anything, analyze your brand. What do you want to offer to your followers? View your social media platforms as a conversation. Your goal should be to engage your viewers. The goal of your Facebook marketing campaigns should not be to broadcast your brand. Discuss with your team how you can create content that encourages conversation. This will help you achieve business growth through Facebook marketing.
Identify Your Facebook Marketing Goal
Unlike traditional user profiles, Facebook business pages do not give you the option to add friends. Instead, viewers are connected to your profile through “likes.” Look at it as a fan page. Once a Facebook user likes your page, they can see the updates you post in their newsfeed. This is a great way to gain exposure for your brand.
So, you need to decide what is your Facebook marketing goal? Here’s an example of a progressive goal that is both realistic and beneficial to your business.
- Aim for a start goal of 1,000 original and relevant likes.
- Once you hit 1,000 likes, set a series of larger goals. Examples of beneficial goals are to increase website traffic, gain leads, and improve sales.
- The next major marketing goal should be 10,000 likes. Once you hit that, focus on improving your content even more and engaging your viewers. Set goals for things like post reach, engagement ratio, and share rate.
The Truth About Paying for “Likes”
When businesses are starting out, it might seem like a good idea to buy likes. Especially if you are eager to get your message out, buying likes will put your brand in front of the eyes of potential customers, right? Not exactly!
The problem with buying Facebook likes is that it can create a problem for your organic visibility. Fake fans do not generally interact with your social media profile. Therefore, they drive down your engagement rate. The lower your engagement rate, the less likely Facebook is to show your content to the fans who really want to see it. This will definitely hurt you in the long haul.
The goal to successful Facebook marketing is to create a strategy that builds your social media presence from the ground up. As you hit each milestone, create new goals for increased growth. Add creative content, deliver captivating images, and create native videos that help boost your brand reputation. Start a conversation and interact with your viewers and you will notice your fan base start to grow. With the right strategy, you can get your first 1,000 likes and beyond.
So, what is the right strategy to get more likes without paying for them?